Often we want our animal’s symptoms (and our own) to resolve quickly. For true health, it is more important to follow clear patterns of healing. An appointment today showed this type of healing. I am going to briefly summarize the case and comment in italics on the principles of healing demonstrated.
Raven came to me in Feb 08 as a 10 1/2 year old Mixed Belgian Shepherd mix at 53#. For many conventionally treated larger dogs, this age marks old age with death not too far away.
1. She had skin problems from puppy hood, treated conventionally. Even had mange in 2000. The fact that she is still having mostly skin problems is a good sign because it shows the health of the underlying vibrational pattern is strong enough to put the symptoms to the outside.
2. In 98 and 08, she had bladder infections.
3. She had occasional diarrhea (98, 99, 05,07,07) once with vomiting.
4. She had a severe episode of coughing in 05
5. Green goop from both eyes in the fall.
6. Slow decline in energy. Most people expect this to happen as animals and people age. It is not to be expected. When we find the correct treatments, animals will stay as energetic and happy as they were at age 2 or 3.
7. Fear Aggression
8. Lumps on side
9. Left hip makes cracking noise – lame – has been on glucosamine for 5 years. While “joint” supplements can make an animal be more comfortable they are not addressing the underlying vibrational imbalance and may need to be increased and often stop being effective over time.
10. Reverse Sneezing (This common problem indicates an energetic problem from the Rabies vaccine.)
After treatment with Thuja 30c, Nux vomica 30c, Sulphur 30c, Sulphur 200c, (Sulphur is considered the final antipsoric and is often the last remedy needed in younger animals, but older ones may not “hold” the healing as well), Ledum 30c, she needed no treatment for a few months.
By April 09 she was doing great in many ways. Her eyes were clear, she was not lame, the cough was gone. Her activity was excellent. Her skin and coat were great. No reverse sneezing. However she began to eat mud, so I prescribed Calcarea carbonica 30c (This remedy is often needed after Sulphur when the symptoms indicate it.)
Over the next year, until 11/10, the Calcarea carbonica had to be repeated several times when a stress would bring back some of the symptoms in a mild way and a lameness needed chiropractic treatment to resolve. the day after every chiropractic treatment she has a day of diarrhea. Discharges like diarrhea, vomiting, eyes, ears or even vaginal can be good indications of healing. If they are mild, and resolve on their own while the animal still feels great it is a good sign that the treatment was deep enough to help the vibrational pattern to begin to heal, discharging old patterns.
At age 13 1/2, this over 50# dog has a shiny coat, no other symptoms (itching right now that will resolve with the Calc carb), and plenty of energy. People are amazed at her age.
This is a great example of a curative progression of symptoms.
1. They move from the inside – cracking hips, reverse sneezing (more severe than regular sneezing cause it is an inward snort), urinary symptoms, mud eating, vomiting and diarrhea with lethargy, behavior, low energy, to more outer symptoms like skin itching and flaky skin.
2. Old symptoms that were suppressed (often with drugs, but also with holistic treatments) in the past return to finally heal.
3. Symptoms move from the top downwards. This is not happening as the last skin problem was the feet and now it is the right hip and tail – still at the rear, though, which is good.
She will now get another few doses of Calcarea carbonicum 200c. The last dose was in September.
She is due for her Rabies vaccine in a month, so we will carefully treat her to prevent problems and if she is really as healthy as she appears to be, there should be no problem that one dose of a remedy should not cure.
Carefully following the principles taught by Dr. Hahnemann many years ago can help you know if true healing is occurring. Using the Healthy Animal’s Journal makes it easy to track the symptoms as they change & reviews these principles briefly. It will be available on line as an e-book in a few weeks. Reading Don Hamilton’s homeopathic Care of Cats and Dogs (my books page of my site) chapters 2 & 3 will help you understand this even more.