Contact Us at (410) 771-4968|HealthyAnimals@aol.com
//Fluoride may be Toxic – in children’s vitamins

Fluoride may be Toxic – in children’s vitamins

We often forget that common household items can be toxic to our cherished animals. Toothpaste is one, and now children’s vitamins are another.

Read labels carefully as they are now adding fluoride to children’s vitamins so if a dog or cat eats the vitamins, there could be toxic reactions and even death. Personally, I suggest you never have any fluoride product in the house other than toothpaste (and only if really needed).

I have always known of some toxicity, but was prompted to see the amounts from the Merck Veterinary Manual for acute poisoning –  5-10 mg/kg can cause death and toxic effects can be seen even below 1 mg/kg.  Remember that this would be on an individual basis with some animals more susceptible than others. The healthier the animal the less likely to have trouble with any poison.

Chronic poisoning can also cause symptoms.

By | 2012-04-13T15:50:22+00:00 April 14th, 2012|Healthy Animal's Journal|0 Comments

About the Author:

Christina Chambreau, DVM, graduated from the University of Georgia Veterinary College in 1980 and has had a Homeopathic Veterinary Practice since 1988. She is co-founder and was Chair for the Academy of Veterinary homeopathy. She is the author of Healthy Animal’s Journal: What You Can Do to Have Your Dog or Cat Live a Long and Healthy Life; Healthy Dog Journal ebook; Fleas Be Gone kindle; and co-author of Tutorial and Workbook for the Homeopathic Repertory and How to Have a Stress Free Wedding and Live Happily Ever After. She has written and is quoted in many magazines. She lectures at veterinary conferences around the world. She speaks and gives classes for animal enthusiasts and practitioners. She is committed to empowering people to heal their animals and themselves in a way that heals the planet.

Leave A Comment

two × one =

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookCheck Our FeedVisit Us On Google PlusVisit Us On Linkedin