Most importantly, follow the package insert which says for use in healthy animals only. If you are dealing with chronic illness, see if the vaccine can be postponed, but know the legal risks of doing this (the Yahoo group – NovaccsK9 – can help with this). Muscle test/ask nature or contact an intuitive to see if this is a safe (or safeish) time to give the vaccine.
When you know you will be vaccinating, try the following:
1. Give Vaccine Detox for 1 -2 weeks before the vaccine and 1-2 weeks after the vaccine. This is a totally safe flower essence combination formulated by expert veterinarian Jean Hofve.
2. Dr. Lynn Peck is doing some research indicating a precipitous drop in calcium (and other minerals as well) levels right after vaccination. She muscle tests to determine how much and for how long to give the calcium. I suggest tripling calcium levels fro a few days before and a few days after any vaccine. Learn to ask nature what is needed, now, for this animal – amount and for how long.
3. Learn Reiki (for classes go to web or local health food stores and local integrative human and animal practitioners). This gives you the ability to “take the bad out of anything.” I did Reiki on very stinky chlorinated water and everyone at the table had me do their glass because it tasted great. Hold the syringe in your hand and treat it till your hands are not hot. If challenged, say you have heard all the problems caused by vaccines and want to pray over it. Once in the car (if you are not at a friendly, understanding vet) Reiki the injection site till hands not hot. Then offer Reiki to the whole animal until she no longer draws energy.
4. Check daily for the appearance of any of the early warning signs of illness or any obvious illness and if seen, seek out a holistic practitioner immediately (hopefully you already have one).
5. I do not suggest routinely using homeopathic remedies after vaccines. There is no philosophic rationale for it.
5. Pay close attention to any changes after vaccines (use the early warning signs of illness page) and contact an integrative veterinarian if you see problems.