There are many wonderful vitamin supplements available from Ark Naturals, Animal Essentials, Pet Guard and other great companies. Today I will speak briefly about two companies and will do more in later posts. Give me your feedback on vitamins you have used.
1. NuCat vitamins were in such demand by my clients before internet ordering was available that I sold them by the case. Some cats will eat them when refusing other foods, and some cats do not like them. I prefer the chewable tablets to the soft chews. My cat, Ed, has the softest hair with these. The NuCat Senior is great if you are seeing any beginning signs of aging (remember, we expect animals to act young until shortly before they die).
2. Canine Plus and Canine Plus Senior are also excellent.
3. Co-Q10 is excellent to support heart and gum health.
4. They have many other nutritional and herbal supplements for all types of illnesses, so read about the different products, then try some.
Standard Process supplements are all made from whole foods (whole plants, animal tissue extracts and concentrates, and botanicals), which contain essential vitamins, phytonutrients, and minerals. They raise many of their ingredients on an organic farm adjacent to their facility. They continue to buy more farms and convert them to organic. These must be purchased from a health practitioner, so email me at HealthyAnimals@aol.com when you see ones that may help your companions.
1. Canine or Feline Whole Body Support – general multisystem support for daily maintenance of all body systems with emphasis on a healthy endocrine system.
2. They also have great formulations for support for cats and dogs with heart, skin, digestive, musculoskeletal, kidney, liver, adrenal and thyroid issues. These are very safe, so they are a good place to begin. Read more from an animal guardian in a reply to my blog about these supplements.